The Academic sub-committee is composed of faculty and students from universities, community colleges, and trade schools who have coursework, research, laboratories, or industrial outreach programs related to industrial metrology or 3D imaging. The goals of the committee will be to:
- Expose academia to the practical challenges faced by equipment and software manufacturers, and end users in the application of portable metrology.
- Give industry informational access to university and trade school research and lab facilities currently working in the metrology field
- Encouraged collaboration between academic programs to increase the yield of their collective development work.
- Promote the continued growth of available training resources and career paths for industrial metrologists
- Help students pursuing knowledge in metrology to realize the potential job market and prospective employers.
- Help potential employers in the metrology field find new talent to bring to the industry.
Trevor Toman, Metrology Manager and Lecturer at Coventry University, is the Academic Committee Chairman.
Members are as follows:
- Keith Bevan - NPL
- Talion Edwards - The Boeing Company
- Ulysses Green - The Boeing Company / GKN / RT
- Pat Hammett - University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute Automotive Analysis Division
Any Educational Institution that provides metrology related programs that support the Coordinate Metrology Society are welcome to post their links on our Education Page Here. Please firstname.lastname@example.org to facilitate postings.